Mario Livio, Ph.D.
See Mario Livio's September 25, 2013 discussion on SftPublic's Contemporary Science Issues and Innovations Mario Livio: His Astrophysics, His New Book Brilliant Blunders, His Other Books:
Books for the general public by Mario Livio:
- Brilliant Blunders (2013): major mistakes by five scientific giants
- Is God a Mathematician? (2009): why mathematics explains so powerfully things ranging from the laws of nature to the properties of ordinary knots (Listed by The Washington Post as One of the Best Books of 2009)
- The Equation That Couldn’t Be Solved (2005): the first extensive account for general readers of Group Theory -the language of symmetry
- The Golden Ratio (2002): the story of an astonishing --and indispensable-- number
- The Accelerating Universe: Infinite Expansion, the Cosmological Constant, and the Beauty of the Cosmos (2000): the beauty of fundamental theories of the universe